Drawing from over 25 years of experience developing flight electromechanical systems, Honeybee provides advanced motor controllers designed for a variety of space applications.
Our Universal Motor Controller is a flexible design configurable to accommodate a range of motors common to spaceflight mechanisms.
• FPGA-based design with onboard memory for rapid configurability
• Closed loop current/torque control
• Flexible command interface, serial RS-422 or discrete step/direction/enable
• EEE-INST-002 Level 1 components
• Drives 2 Phase (uni/bipolar) or 3 phase (wye/delta) stepper motors
• Micro-stepping up to 64x
Honeybee’s 8 Axis Motor Controller, developed for our Microsat CMGs, can be extended to any high degree of freedom control system. The controller is capable of driving 8 motors concurrently. A digital signal processor accommodates computationally complex control laws and synthesizes individual motor commands.
• FPGA incorporating triple module redundancy
• DSP to execute complex control laws for robotic arms, attitude control systems, etc.
• Sensor-less control of BLDC motors
• Supports Analog and digital shaft feedback components
TECH SPECS – UNIVERSAL CONTROLLER
TECH SPECS – 8-AXIS CONTROLLER